On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Serg Melikyan <smelik...@mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Hi Luke,
>
> there are several kind of projects in Open NFV space, and I am happy
> that your proposal covers not only python projects. Having security
> job templates which we can be re-used in gates with an extensive
> description of how to use them is very important and helpful. My only
> ask would be to pay attention to how exceptions will be specified for
> each gate check - security, as well as lint checks have very high
> number of false-positive results.
>
> Once this initiative will be ready for beta-testing I will be glad to
> help you do this beta-testing on Fuel.
>
> P.S. there is an interesting project in OpenStack community, called
> Bandit [1], which allows to run security lint for Python source code,
> utilizing the ast module from the Python standard library. Seems
> interesting to have this checks on some of the projects.

Hi Serg,

So we have developed a wrapper around bandit, rats and PMD for security
linting (with those three we have full language coverage), and with the
lint checks, we plan on having it non-voting (for the same reason you
outline of false positives). So for example, a project developed in python
will have a link to bandit report, whereas something in c or ruby would be
a rats html report. These reports will be 'fyi' only.

The only checks planned with a -1 voting ability is for binaries found and
secrets (private keys etc) - the key thing is though, we have an exception
list, so we can waiver / whitelist false positives.

Great to hear you have an interest in getting involved, be glad to work
with you when we can bring it in for projects.

Luke