A couple of clarifications.

When we say a "union of contributions" across all tools, we're setting a
bar for total contributions across Git, Gerrit, Jira, and wiki.  So for
example, if you had done 50 reviews + 2 merged patches + 30 Jira activities
+ 20 wiki edits, you have a 102 total contributions (and you'd clear the
hurdle for either 50 or 100 contributions).  The discussion was that this
maybe simpler than setting a different bar/hurdle for each tool.

As for the mailing list/IRC contributions, the difficulty comes with
identity mapping.  Trying to map IRC NICs/or email addresses with IDs used
for the other tools is very challenging and will involve a lot of manual
process.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ray