From: "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (BRYAN L)" <bryan.sulli...@research.att.com>
Date: Thursday, 8 March 2018 at 15:31
To: Fatih Degirmenci <fatih.degirme...@ericsson.com>, Luke Hinds
<lhi...@redhat.com>, "opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org"
<opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org>
Subject: RE: [opnfv-tech-discuss] [releng][security][infra] Anteater
Improvements

I do recommend that we rely upon tools that can focus on the trust of specific
sources, and not the use of platform capabilities such as curl, wget, etc.
These (curl, wget, etc) are tools that can be used for many purposes inside an
application like an OPNFV platform, or its deployment/testing tools. The
flagging/blocking of patches just because the code contains use of
wget/curl/etc is an onerous and heavy-handed approach to the goal. Having to
create regexp rules for each valid use of wget/curl is a non-starter for me and
likely many others in this project. Thus I support Luke’s plan, and intend to
promote these same tools and approaches for use in the Acumos and other LFN
projects.

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan | AT&T