HI All,
  Again, I apologize for my unavailability for the last two weeks.
Gathering as much as I could from notes and conversations, I
would propose that for Gambia we only attempt the traditional
 release approach.  It seems with current staffing levels the
well-understood traditional delivery would be the safest.  Please
feel free to object ;).

Also, we need to gather objectives / work items for Gambia.  I will
throw out one...  We have had feedback that more metadata needs
to be included with the virt output.  I think we should discuss the
general topic of metadata (physical / virtual mapping, etc...) to see
if we address metadata on a plugin by plugin basis or nail down the
approach outlined during the DMA project presentation.

Aaron

*04/24/2018 -- - Gambia Release- Traditional, XCI, both?- Not clear on XCI
requirements.  - When do the tests need to be in place for XCI?- What are
tentative development goals for the Gambia release?- RPMs / Container
build- New pull request - https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/53805/9
<https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/53805/9>- Standards- All the info
we’re collecting will end up in analytic engines- Analytics processing
tasks need info all the way down to the agent layer- Need to make sure
there’s a measurement timestamp to provide context- Does test008 spec have
the flexibility to talk about measurement of network interface using a
particular VLAN tag?- Yes, scope parameter makes that possible- Scope must
be conveyed with the measurements- VES- 6.0 specs on the way (next week)-
Multi-VM reqs- Compass support -- not for Gambia or Fraser?- Barometer will
be supported in Gambia- HA scenario issues with build- A problem with OOO?-
Fails every third build or so.- Will be looked at soon (next week)- Edge
Cloud- Requirements - Categories- Use cases- Latency- Use cases where
latency is critical- Example feedback loop?- What does lightweight mean in
the context of edge telemetry?*

--

AARON SMITH

SENIOR PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER, NFVPE

Red Hat

<https://www.redhat.com/>

314 Littleton Rd, Westford, MA 01886

aasm...@redhat.com    M: 617.877.4814