I think an option to include a resource into the test-probe is the most generic, simple and natural way. For special and/or advanced usage szenarios the tinybundle option can still be used. Maybe it would even be possible to have (as an extra) some sort of includeMavenResources() option that builds on top of this feature and fetches all resources from scr/test/resources/ and includes them since that is what one would exspect when working with maven.

BTW: are TinyBundle and BND lib are really required in the test-runtime (=Test Setup)? Normally they should only be needed on construction time (=test classpath).