Hi -

Some additional, largely editorial comments on the -04 version:

1. In Figures 1,2, and 3, change from "IEEE 802.1X/EWTP" to ""IEEE
802.1X/EAP"

2. Some suggestions on the abstract wording:

From

CAPWAP defines two entities: Wireless Transmission Point (WTP) and
   Access Controller (AC).  CAPWAP also defines two MAC (Medium Access
   Control) modes for IEEE 802.11 WTPs: Split and Local MAC . For each
   MAC mode, CAPWAP describes how the MAC functionality is split between
   the WTP and AC.  However, certain functions have not been clearly
   defined.  For example in the Split MAC mode description, the IEEE
   802.11 encryption is specified as located in either the AC or the WTP
   with no clear way for the AC to inform the WTP where it should be.
   This lack of specification leads to interoperability especially when
   AC and WTP come from different vendors.  To solve the problem, this
   specification defines a IEEE 802.11 MAC profile where each profile
   specifies an unambiguous division of functionality between the WTP
   and AC.  The IEEE 802.11 MAC profile is used as follows: the WTP
   informs the AC of the supported profiles during the discovery or join
   process and the AC configures the WTP with one of the supported
   profiles while configuring the WLAN.

The CAPWAP protocol defines two entities: a Wireless Transmission
Point (WTP) and an
   Access Controller (AC).  The CAPWAP protocol binding for IEEE
802.11 defines two MAC (Medium Access
   Control) modes for IEEE 802.11 WTP: Split and Local MAC, and
describes the required functionality split between
   the WTP and AC for each mode.  However, in the split MAC mode, the
partitioning of encryption/decryption functions are not been clearly
   clearly defined.  In the Split MAC mode description, IEEE
   802.11 encryption is specified as located in either at the AC or the WTP
   with no clear way for the AC to inform the WTP of where the
encryption functionality should be located.
   This lack of specification leads to interoperability issues,
especially when the
   AC and WTP come from different vendors.  To prevent
interoperability issues, this
   specification defines an IEEE 802.11 MAC profile message element in
which each profile
   specifies an unambiguous division of encryption functionality between the WTP
   and AC.  The IEEE 802.11 MAC profile is used as follows: the WTP
   informs the AC of the supported profiles during the discovery or join
   process and the AC configures the WTP with one of the supported
   profiles when configuring the WLAN.

3. In section 1, end of first paragraph, change from "

"operators will experience difficulty in interoperating WTPs and ACs
from different vendors."

"operators will experience interoperability issues with WTPs and ACs
from different vendors."

4. In section 1, end of second paragraph, insert a comma after "WTP/AC":
"is specified as WTP/AC implying to "is specified as WTP/AC, implying"

Thanks,

Dorothy