Alan,

On 16/05/2017 13:36, Alan DeKok wrote:

    I don't see how reviews (which were ignored) can be construed as "no
evidence" that the authors were ignoring reviews.

   Which was my point.  If document authors issue new revs irrespective of what
the WG suggests, the chairs should replace the authors with ones who work
towards WG consensus.

No-one has seen the -07 revision yet, therefore it seems to be too early to make judgement whether comments and suggestions were or were not addressed. Authors have promised to address the raised comments discussing them on the list and responding to previous reviews.

I certainly agree with you that comments were not addressed. That is history now and reiterating this topic will do nothing to change what has already happened. Progress will happen if comments get addressed. Authors do have a token on this now.

   The alternative is to accept a draft as a WG document, and then to allow the
authors to do pretty much whatever they want, and then to rubber-stamp the
final document as an RFC.

That is not how the IETF works. I fail to see what else could be commented here.

   I just don't understand what point you were trying to make here.  The only
subjects you addressed were ones I hadn't raised.

The point of my mail was on the changes to the list of authors. To summarize - changes to author list are not happening at this time. Important part to emphasize is "at this time".

Ignas