> On 9 Jul 2019, at 08:59, Wubo (lana) <lana.w...@huawei.com> wrote:
>
> Thank Eliot for pointing out these questions. I share a similar view with
> Qin, and I suggest to make the following changes in the next version:
>
> 1. draft-ietf-opsawg-tacacs will be changed as a normative reference
> according to RFC3967.

Several points: please take into account that RFC 8067 updates RFC 3967.  What
this means is that you should probably have a brief chat with the chairs and
Ignas on this point to see what he wants.  It may also be worth a little bit of
discussion time.

> 2. For the second point, I think your concern may be whether the TACACS +
> YANG model is flexible enough to accommodate the TACACS advanced features.

I think the augmentation is exactly what you want to do for this sort of thing.

> The current TACACS + YANG architecture is designed with per-server
> configuration and statistics methods. Each server is configured with a TCP
> port and a shared key.
> These nodes may change to use a "choice" statement. If the TACACS++ extends
> to use TLS protocol, the transport extensions can be added as new "case"
> statements.

From what I gather of the model, it merely talks about the state and
configuration of the T+ connection itself.  I think this mitigates reasonably
well in favor of a downref since that sort of state is not likely to change too
much, and if it does, you can augment again.

Eliot