Hello Jurgen,

Thank you for your comment,

Yeap I think it is a great idea to explain why do we need the adjustments  of
RFC 8343 in the case of draft-shytyi-opsawg-vysm-04.

What do you think about this:

1. uCPE phy interface has "vPorts" to witch "vLinks are assigned". "vLinks
"connect" the phy interface with  "vPort" of vswitch. Thus we may add to the
derieved from RFC 8343 module the list of "vPorts" for each phy interface.

example with 1 phy interface:

                              +-------------------------------------

                  +------------+

                  |                        |------vPort
1---vlink---(vport_sw)vswitch(vport_sw)--vlink---.....----WAN

LAN----|   Phy             |------vPort 2

                  |   interface     |

                  +-------------+

                              +----------------------------------------------

2. If we include the yang module from the RFC 8343 to the set of yang models by
default it goes in the root of config mode. i.e:

EXAMPLE:

config t

      interfaces interface....

When we have a parent module we need to place the RFC 8343 module to under the
parent module (like in the draft draft-shytyi-opsawg-vysm-04).

Hence the RFC8343  may be modified to add the augment statement(as it is dome
in draft-shytyi-opsawg-vysm-04)  to put the "interfaces interface" under the
parent module like

EXAMPLE:

conifg t

      ucpe "ucpe X" interfaces interface...

Best,
Dmytro
---- On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 20:08:59 +0200 Schönwälder, Jürgen
        <mailto:j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de>
<mailto:j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote ----

I think you need to explain each and every change you make to the
ietf-interfaces definitions. Ideally, semantic changes would be
limited (or not even needed at all). But nobody can tell unless
you clearly document the changes (and why they are needed).

/js

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>