From: OPSAWG <opsawg-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Joe Clarke (jclarke)
Sent: 13 August 2020 13:49
To: opsawg <opsawg@ietf.org>
Subject: [OPSAWG] CALL FOR ADOPTION: draft-bgbw-opsawg-vpn-common

Hello, WG members.  On the IETF 108 virtual meeting, Oscar presented the status
of the L3NM, L2NM, and the VPN common work.  While this VPN common YANG module
started as an individual document (per the chairs’ request), the L2NM and L3NM
modules need to choose a direction for how to handle common typedefs and
groupings between them.

On the virtual meeting we did a hum which indicated “Pianissimo” support.
Again, the hum system had some interesting rules, so this is not conclusive,
but seems to favor that this common module work should exist as its own,
standalone document that both L2NM and L3NM will consume.  In this manner, one
would not need to import either L2NM or L3NM to make use of/extend these common
attributes.

To that end, the chairs would like a call for adoption of
draft-bgbw-opsawg-vpn-common.  Additionally, comments on the approach and the
choice of common attributes are welcome, especially from those that were unable
to attend the IETF 108 virtual meeting.

This serves as a two week call for adoption ending on August 27, 2020.

Thanks.

Joe