On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 1:48 PM Randy Bush <ra...@psg.com> wrote:

> would appreciate review prior to calling for wg adoption
>
> thanks
>
> randy
>
> A new version of I-D, draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds-02.txt
> has been successfully submitted by Randy Bush and posted to the
> IETF repository.
>
> Name:           draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds
> Revision:       02
> Title:          Finding and Using Geofeed Data
> Document date:  2020-09-11
> Group:          Individual Submission
> Pages:          16
> Htmlized:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds
> Htmlized:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds-02
> Diff:
> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds-02
>
> Abstract:
>    This document describes how to find and authenticate geofeed data.

Probably I should have noticed this before and/or just sent a pull request,
but for the sake of discussion, here are some random thoughts.

[[ questions ]]

[ section 4 ]

* Based on RFC 5485 section 2.2, I assume that any comments in the geofeed
  prior to having the CMS appended are included in the canonicalized text?

      ##
      # Auto-generated by shirebot; do not edit.
      ##
      # This conference is in the Prancing Pony.
      2001:db8:1::/48,Shire,West Farthing,Hobbiton,
      2001:db8:2::/48,Shire,East Farthing,Frogmorton, # NOC is by the
stables

  If the comments change, the signature changes?  That seems fine to me, I
  just wanted to be sure.

[[ comments ]]

[ abstract ]

* "authenticate geofeed data"

  There are two things that need authenticating or verifying when it comes
  to geofeeds:

    [a] the source of the geofeed claims is authoritative to make said
        claims for the contained prefixes, and

    [b] the correctness of the claims themselves (i.e. that the location of
        2001:db8::/32 really is "Shire, Middle Earth").

  This document nicely addresses "a" (whereas "b" is necessarily left as an
  exercise for the consumer).

  The text from section 4 provides a suggestion: perhaps replace
  "authenticate" with "verify the authority of", or some such formulation?

[ section 1 ]

* Probably the intro should hint at the authentication awesomeness contained
  within.  I think, actually, the last paragraph of section 2 can just be
  relocated to the end of this section and it will flow well.

[[ nits ]]

[ section 5 ]

* s/objectss/objects/

[ section 6 ]