From: OPSAWG [mailto:opsawg-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Michael Richardson
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 4:17 AM
To: rfc-...@rfc-editor.org; opsawg-cha...@ietf.org; opsawg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] [Fwd: Your thoughts on draft-richardson-mud-qrcode]

Tianran Zhou <zhoutian...@huawei.com> wrote:
    > IMO, whether to apply ISE or WG adoption depends on the authors
themselves.
    > If I recall right, we did not get the adoption request from the
    > authors.

I actually did post back in 2020
  https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/opsawg/w22FWi_D5586H_LK2UXtzXLhx88/

I got very little interest at all.

The document was then simplified, all the DPP integration was removed, and I
approached the Return Logistics Association (RLA.org) for a code that would
integrate into their system.

I think that the OPSAWG has very little available bandwidth for MUD related
things, and the mud-qrcode document is not where I would want to spend the
limited bandwidth of OPSAWG, since I think that there is very little for the
WG.   But, if the WG wants it, that's fine with me.

RFC ISE (Adrian Farrel) <rfc-...@rfc-editor.org> wrote:
    > In my opinion, work that is in scope for an existing working group must
    > first be offered to that working group. If the working group has no
    > interest in pursuing it, that is OK and it can be brought to the
    > Independent Stream provided it does not conflict with ongoing work in the
    > working group.

    > Of course, I can form my own opinion on whether there is interest in the
    > working group, and I can make my own judgement about conflict, but it is
    > helpful if the working group chairs can give advice because they should
    > have a better understanding of what the working group thinks.

Unlike my other two MUD related documents, this document does not make any
changes at all to RFC8520.

The mud-acceptable-urls document an Update (Amends), for RFC8520, and needs WG
review.
The mud-iot-dns-considerations document is a BCP, and it is getting cross-area
review (and a dnsop presentation last week), and I have a number of issues to
deal with.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )