> ** Section 4.  choice encryption. Per the name of this YANG item and the
> description (“Encryption mechanism between TACACS+ client and server”),
> please follow the convention of Section 4.5 of RFC8907 of calling this
> “obfuscation”.
> [Bo]: The reason we define this "encryption" choice is that shared-secret
> leaf is mandatory per RFC8907, but future TACACS+ protocol may define
> encryption node to replace the shared-secret leaf.  Therefore, is it clearer
> to change "encryption" to " obfuscation-encryption"?

Today, we only have the obfuscation-by-shared-secret.  In the future, we
may have TLS or some other stronger encryption.  If we insist on making
the module forward-looking, should we rename this something like privacy
(similar to how SNMPv3 names this)?  I agree with Roman that encryption
is a bit strong of an umbrella under which to put shared-secret.

Joe