Thanks, Bo.  On your description for the renamed "security" choice, I
think it is overly descriptive in this case.  When a new secure T+
protocol comes out, this future proofing language will be obsolete.
What about:

choice security {
  description
    "Security mechanism between TACACS+ client and server.";
    leaf shared-secret {
      description
        "...Note this security mechanism is best described as
'obfuscation' and not 'encryption' as it does not provide any meaningful
integrity, privacy, or reply protection.";

Thoughts from others?

Joe