See comments below. Please note, I'm not firmly in opposition of the idea.
Just contributing my viewpoint on it.

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 2:37 AM Eliot Lear <l...@lear.ch> wrote:

> On 25.05.21 15:51, Patrick Dwyer wrote:
> > Hi Eliot,
> >
> > A well-known URI is just one way of enabling delivery of an SBOM.
>
> YYyyyes...  but did you mean CSAF above?

No, I meant SBOM. It was context for the following comment.

> > Because of this, I think suppliers will need to include the CSAF
> > location in the SBOM itself.
> >
> That would tightly bind the CSAF to the SBOM, and I don't think they are
> tightly bound.  That is, one could release a CSAF without an SBOM (as is
> pretty much done today).

True, although I wouldn't expect a CSAF reference in isolation in this
case.

> > I also think this is one of those things that crosses a logical
> > boundary that is no longer about discovering and accessing an SBOM.
>
> That is true.  But not a huge stretch.

It's not a huge stretch. But this is also tied to a particular format for
this type of information. Personally I think CSAF is *the* format to use.
But that might not be the case in some particular industries and countries.

Eliot