Hi Joe,

Thanks for your helpful review. Please see inline.

Regards,
Bo

发件人: OPSAWG [mailto:opsawg-boun...@ietf.org] 代表 Joe Clarke (jclarke)
发送时间: 2022年3月8日 1:13
收件人: Joe Clarke (jclarke) <jclarke=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>; opsawg@ietf.org
主题: Re: [OPSAWG] WG LC: A YANG Model for Network and VPN Service Performance
Monitoring

A few comments on -03.

Section 4.1

Overall, this section seems like it could use more grounding to this work.  It
is a generic example of VPN layering.  What would be a nice addition is to
markup points where performance monitoring would be helpful to illustrate how
this work comes into play.
[Bo Wu] Thanks for the suggestion. How about adding the following text:
Apart from the association between the VPN topology and the underlay topology,
VPN Network PM can also provide the performance status of the underlay network
and VPN services. For example, network PM can provide link PM statistics and
port statistics.  VPN PM can provides statistics on VPN access interfaces, the
number of current VRF routes or L2VPN MAC entry of VPN nodes, and performance
statistics  on the logical point-to-point link between source and destination
VPN nodes or between  source and destination VPN access interfaces.

In the YANG module, I'm curious about two things:

First, why are inbound-discards a counter32 whereas outbound-discard a
counter64?  I think both should be 64-bit, yes?
[Bo Wu] Yes. Thanks for catching this. We will fix.

Second, the description on inbound-nunicast is different than outbound-nunicast
with the latter being more descriptive.  Can you do a pass to make sure these
two sets of descriptions (inbound and outbond) align respective to their
direction?
[Bo Wu] Sure. We will fix.

Thanks.

Joe