Hi Dhruv,

Thanks for reviewing the draft.
See inline.

On 6/26/2022 4:04 PM, Dhruv Dhody wrote:
Hi WG,

I think this work is very useful. I have some comments (also see my review of the architecture I-D).

Minor
- In the text of the I-D, we should explain that the symptoms are targeted at humans and not machines.
That might be the case now, but this is obviously not the end goal, as we want to solve closed loop automation.
So we propose not to mention it.
- Architecture talks about circular dependencies and states that it is likely to show up; shouldn't the YANG model add a notification saying circular dependency detected?
Next to the notification, the higher level question is: what's happening in case of circular dependencies configuration? So instead of the notification, we might stress in the draft that circulation dependencies should be not be accepted by the implementation. Btw, that's something we can't impose from a YANG language point of view.

- Security Considerations skips talking about readable leaves.
Thanks. We're going to review this section according to https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ops/wiki/yang-security-guidelines

- For example-service-assurance-device-acme, wouldn't it make more sense to augment the ietf-service-assurance-device instead of ietf-service-assurance?
Yes, we could. Actually, it depends whether the ietf-service-assurance-device is generic enough. As this is an example, we propose not to change that. We could add: "it's an implementation choice to either augment the identity from ietf-service-assurance or to augment the parameters from ietf-service-assurance-device"
- I am wondering what is the best practice for example YANG module - copyright to IETF, organization, and contact to be IETF? It reads weird esp for a vendor-specific model example in the appendix A!
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8407.html#section-3.2.1 is not clear.
Good point. Let's remove the IETF references.

Nits
- In the IANA section, the Registrant Contact is mentioned as NETCONFWG.
Well spot.

Regards, Benoit
Thanks!
Dhruv