From: Henk Birkholz <henk.birkh...@sit.fraunhofer.de>
Sent: 12 October 2022 14:07
To: tom petch; opsawg; draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-...@ietf.org; Thomas Fossati
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] πŸ”” WG Last Call for draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-tls-07

Hi Tom,

would it be possible for you to augment your first comment with change
proposals, if possible?

<tp>
Henk

Apologies (as ever) for being so late to the party.

I believe that the life cycle of an IANA-maintained module is different to that
of any other and so having both in one I-D creates future problems for the IETF
so I believe that s.5.3 along with supporting boiler plate, references, IANA
Considerations, Security Considerations and a brief Introduction should be in a
separate I-D.

I have made this comment against a number of I-D but my suggestions have not
gained consensus.  I am usually somewhat late in making them and am looking to
make such a comment prior to WG adoption of an I-D but have not yet managed
that.  My experience suggests that this I-D will go forward much as-is, with
editorial corrections such as to the references, in which case I will post
something like the above to Last Call not in the expectation that it will gain
consensus there for this I-D but rather that the next time an author proposes
this approach, they may consider the path they are taking and choose another
one.

I would not take this issue to an appeal in case the Document Shepherd is
wondering what to put in section 3.

Tom Petch.

@authors: it seems to me that the references issues Tom now provided in
specific detail could be resolved in this thread in a timely manner. Is
that correct?

Viele Grüße,

Henk