> The I-D lacks much useful information compared with the tcpdump website
    > which you say this replaces, notably the references that the website
    > links to for the various llnk specifications..  Given the inadequacy of
    > the references in the I-D (setting aside those related to the
    > linktype), then I cannot be confident that the authors will do anything
    > to address this deficiency.

So if I am understanding you Tom, you prefer the web site content, and don't
trust the authors to be responsive during a WG process, and you don't think
that the WG will listen to your requests, and you think that the WG will
publish the document without changes?

Do you understand that the authors/maintainers of the web site are in fact the
authors of the document?

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IΓΈT consulting )