From: Michael Tuexen <michael.tue...@lurchi.franken.de>
Sent: 30 December 2022 14:48
> On 30. Dec 2022, at 12:41, tom petch <ie...@btconnect.com> wrote:

OK. That can be addressed...

But let us separate two questions:
(1) Should this document be adopted as a WG document?
(2) How could this document be improved?
I think these questions are independent. This document can be improved during
the
time after the WG adoption and the end of the WGLC. Most of the times the
documents
improve even further during IESG last call.

> It also seems to be a giant leap backwards.  The tcpdump website has a mass
> of useful information, 150 or so links to the reference documents for the
> link protocols that it references which could be useful outside the context
> of tcpdump,  while the I-D, and I assume the IANA registry, has not one, not
> single reference - to me that is, well,  a giant leap backwards.
The IANA registry will have a reference to the web page for each old entry. But
if you suggest that
the links should be integrated, this can be discussed.

So the question which still needs to be answered is (1). Any opinion?

<tp3>

Oppose adoption.

The I-D lacks much useful information compared with the tcpdump website which
you say this replaces, notably the references that the website links to for the
various llnk specifications..  Given the inadequacy of the references in the
I-D (setting aside those related to the linktype), then I cannot be confident
that the authors will do anything to address this deficiency.

Tom Petch

Best regards
Michael