Hi Med,

Thanks for your continuous effort to improve this draft.

Help me understand your point of view regarding your comment:

   Thanks for preparing this revised version. The changes look good.
   However, and as discussed previously, I was expecting to see s/packet
   SHOULD be preserved in the IPFIX export according/packet should be
   preserved in the IPFIX export according.

Actually, we have this specific sentence in https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7011#section-8

   If an Information Element is required more than once in a Template,
   the different occurrences of this Information Element SHOULD follow
   the logical order of their treatments by the Metering Process.

This sentence applies to the case of multiple SRHs in a Flow Record and this specification MUST be followed in such a case. This was actually our intent with this paragraph in the draft version 5, that is drawing attention to that specific sentence:

   6.3.  Multiple Segment Routing Headers

       [RFC8200] describes the support of multiple extension headers such as
       the SRH in one IPv6 packet.  The export of the same IE multiple times
       in one data record and related template is supported and the order
       within the packet SHOULD be preserved in the IPFIX export according
       to Section 8 of [RFC7011].  If the network node is not capable to
       export IPFIX for more than one SRH, it MUST export IPFIX for the
       active SRH

Do we agree so far on the intent of this paragraph?
I believe so when I re-read your initial comment:

   I suggest to simplify the wording of 6.3 to basically say: if
   multiple SRHs are observed (for reasons that are not detailed
   here), exporting multiple IEs is allowed + follow the base reco in
   7011 for the ordering. No normative language is needed for this
   behavior.

Reco?

Granted, we most likely did not express ourselves correctly in section 6.3.
For ex, we used a SHOULD to be aligned with the sentence in RFC7011.
Is this this issue at stake here: this might be perceived as we are writing a new IPFIX spec?

If we agree till this point, what about this?

   6.3.  Multiple Segment Routing Headers

       [RFC8200] describes the support of multiple extension headers such as
       the SRH in one IPv6 packet.  The export of the same IE multiple times
       in one flow record and related template record is supported. In such case
       the following IPFIX specification in Section 8 of [RFC7011] applies:
       "If an Information Element is required more than once in a Template,
       the different occurrences of this Information Element SHOULD follow
       the logical order of their treatments by the Metering Process."
       If the network node is not capable to export IPFIX for more than
       one SRH, it MUST export IPFIX for the active SRH

Please let us know.

Regards, Benoit