Dear all,

I support WG adoption.  Obviously, since I am a co-author you may say.

Sure, but let me stress one important aspect in this work. This would be the first draft that would specify an IPFIX IE that would also be a performance metric.

When we initiated what became RFC 8911 (registry for performance metrics) a couple of years ago, this was exactly the intent: not only have active metrics in the registry but also passive and even hybrid measurement method (https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7799#section-3.8) metrics.

Basically this draft links, for the first time, two IANA registries (the IPFIX and the performance metrics), specifying a metric in both. Note that the authors are in discussion with performance metrics expert (from the performance metric directorate) to make this right.

Regards, Benoit