Hi Tianran,

Thanks for mentioning three standardized protocols that contribute to world diversity: ISIS, OSPF and IPFIX.

Paolo

On 12/1/23 03:41, Tianran Zhou wrote:
Hi Zhenqiang and Thomas,

Thanks very much for sharing your experience and the discussion in the mailing list.

IMO, whether to use gRPC or IPFIX is not a technique problem, but different choice/preference from users.

I agree with Zhenqiang our intention is not to have many options for the same feature.

But the world is diverse. Like we always have the same IGP extension for both OSPF and ISIS. At present I cannot see the dominance of one protocol.

I have practice on both gRPC and IPFIX. I believe both approaches can achieve this case.

Because this is neither large volume nor frequent.

The fast path will process delay per-packet, but the export will only work on mean/min/max delay.

Best,

Tianran