From: Marisol Palmero Amador (mpalmero)
[mailto:mpalmero=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2023 8:36 AM
To: Tianran Zhou <zhoutian...@huawei.com>; opsawg@ietf.org; Rob Wilton
(rwilton) <rwil...@cisco.com>
Cc: Camilo Cardona <juancamilo.card...@imdea.org>; Frank Brockners (fbrockne)
<fbroc...@cisco.com>; Diego R. Lopez <diego.r.lo...@telefonica.com>; Shwetha
Bhandari <shwetha.bhand...@thoughtspot.com>; Sudhendu Kumar
<sudhendu.kumar....@gmail.com>; Eric Vyncke (evyncke) <evyn...@cisco.com>;
inventory-y...@ietf.org; Jan Lindblad (jlindbla) <jlind...@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: New Version Notification for draft-palmero-opsawg-dmlmo-09.txt

Many thanks for your email,

Just to clarify our approach to "dis-engage" from the inventory drafts/RFC's
discussions:

  *   The asset module, doesn't contain any more "inventory" on the name of the
module,
  *   it was reduced drastically to consume from any existing inventory
RFC/draft reference.
  *   Asset module cannot be eliminated from the DMLMO draft because it needs
still to host the link to "entitlement" and "feature/usage".
  *   Asset represents refers to hardware, software, applications, or services.
From my research, inventory related drafts are dedicated to hardware or
software, independently, what means that we have to relay on the asset module
to be able to make that reference.

The mentioned Incident-management draft has been recently submitted; from my
reading the approach is different from the incident-management module in DMLMO:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-feng-opsawg-incident-management/
v00 released March-13 2023

In DMLMO, incident management module includes the incident management
attributes to handle incidents. Where incident refers to the record and report
of any problem the user has faced with the asset, feature or entitlement.

Many Thanks,
Marisol Palmero