Rob Wilton \(rwilton\) <rwilton=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:
    >> > (14) p 4, sec 3.1.1.  Too slow
    >>
    >> > While subsequent connections to the same site (and subsequent packets
    >> > in the same flow) will not be affected if the results are cached, the
    >> > effects will be felt.  The ACL results can be cached for a period of
    >> > time given by the TTL of the DNS results, but the lookup must be
    >> > performed again in a number of hours to days.
    >>
    >> > hours to days => hours or days.
    >>
    >> No, it's not hours or days, it's >hours <days.
    >> (Also: it's mutually exclusive: hours xor days)
    >> I think that my text is correct.
    > [Rob Wilton (rwilton)]
    > I think that your text is hard to comprehend, as is your explanation ;-)

    > You first comment seems to suggest that the range is between 1 hours
    > and 23 hours, but your second comment suggests it can be X hours or Y
    > days.

okay, so I'm not sure how to say:
       > 0 days and X hours
up to  ~ 7 days.

TTLs of 5 minutes are common, as are TTls of even 7 days.
Maybe someone else can explain it back to me in a better way.

    >> i loaded it all into Google Docs, which does pretty well with markdown,
and
    >> used it to check this all.
    > [Rob Wilton (rwilton)]
    > Okay.  Thanks.

    > I presume you will post (or point to an updated version of the doc)
    > once you have text for the other issues that you have flagged as github
    > issues.

Now posting -10 based upon Med's feedback in this thread.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )