On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 6:41 PM tom petch <ie...@btconnect.com> wrote:
> Jen, it is more than that. I think that the IETF way of working is to make
> comments, get an acknowledgement and a response, from author, others, Chair,
> AD i.a., discuss the issues, accept or reject changes, new version, rinse and
> repeat.  In this case, the next post after my comments was WGLC.

Just to clarify:
- I saw your comments not being acknowledged/confirmed so we discussed
it with the authors and the proposed course of actions was: -01 is
posted to incorporate your comments and then we issue the WGLC. So
strictly speaking the next port after your comments was -01 (which was
*suppossed* to address your comments) and then WGLC.

>This is not the process I expect. ( I thought there were other comments at
>adoption but cannot see them now).  I did see Kathleen promising a further
>review; that would be helpful.

As I can see Kathleen confirmed that her comments had been addressed.

> And as I alluded to, four weeks ago was a quiet time, a time to progress
> this.  Now, cut-off and post cut-off, it is that time of madness in the IETF
> when everyone comes out of hibernation and posts revised I-D.  I track TEAS
> and they have just posted 484 - yes four hundred and eighty four - pages of
> revised I-Ds which will keep me quiet for much of August. Interesting as TLS
> is, it is behind them in the queue.

I'm sorry about adding more stuff onto your plate. Lesson learner,
we'll try to avoid issuing adoption/WGLC around IETF week.
On the other hand...I have a weird feeling that a lot of people: 1) do
not comment outside of adoption call//WGLC 2) are more active around
the IETF week.
So issuing the WGLC in the trough between IETF meetings caused an
undesirable outcome of people not paying enough attention.
But thanks for the comments, I'll take it into account - let's
consider it my learning curve..

BTW -02 has been posted so I hope your comments have been incorporated.

--
SY, Jen Linkova aka Furry