If only there were some *principle* to guide operators in better
understanding when it might be worth spending their time blocking something
that is not a *specific credible threat*

Oh wait... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robustness_principle

Now, where there is a specific, credible threat *absolutely* block what you
know. Otherwise, kernels, even on lightbulbs, are really good at ignoring
packets. Otherwise *you* are the DOS attack

--ckg