On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 6:02 PM Manfredi (US), Albert E
<albert.e.manfr...@boeing.com> wrote:

> [...]

Bert,

It's more than a preference to have host security, it is an absolute
requirement that each host provides security for its applications and
users. This requirement applies to SmartTVs, SmartPhones, home
computers, and pretty much all the several billion end user devices
connected to the Internet. No host device would ever assume that the
network consistently provides any adequate level of security, for real
security we need to assume that the host is the first and last line of
defense (i.e. zero trust model).

Tom