Good points.

The only thing I know about (as a non-expert) that might be worth
adding is that that there are some people in the "legitimate"
investment sector that supposedly ran some extremely unethical (and
large scale) "pump-and-dump" type operations (short sales, and so
forth) on high-tech/dot-com stocks. Wired magazine's web site has an
article about how such scheme's work(ed). Written by one of the
wheeler-dealers that did it.

As far as I know (admittedly almost zero), there was no direct
involvement of Oracle stocks in such unethical practices.

regards,
ep

On 22 Mar 2001, at 4:37, Boivin, Patrice J wrote:

Date sent:              Thu, 22 Mar 2001 04:37:06 -0800
To:                     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Author: Eric D. Pierce