Just to be more specific, the product you'd look for is the "Oracle
Accelerator" for Kintana, see the URL here
http://www.kintana.com/products/accelerators/oracle_technologies/oracle_technologies.htm

Diana Duncan
TITAN Technology Partners
One Copley Parkway, Ste 540
Morrisville, NC  27560
VM: 919.466.7337 x 316
F: 919.466.7427
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    "Yttri, Lisa"

                    <lisa.yttri@c        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    nh.com>              cc:

                    Sent by:             Fax to:

                    root@fatcity.        Subject:     Implementing Stored Procedures

                    com

                    05/31/2001

                    01:02 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Hi -

I'd like some advice on implementing stored procedures containing
application logic (ie. written by developers).  We have several
applications where the developers use stored procedures for much of their
coding.  We let the developers create or replace their procedures in a
development environment under their own schema (with access to all
application tables, etc.) to test the logic, but it currently requires a
DBA to implement the proc under the application schema.   It has gotten to
be a very time-consuming job.  We don't want to give out the schema owner
password to the developers, nor do we know of a way they could add them as
the schema owner without giving them more privileges than we want.

I am curious of how others are handling stored procedure additions and
modifications.    Do you somehow allow developers this access?  If so, how
do you restrict them from damaging other things?  If not, does the DBA do
it?   Does anyone have an automated way?   Also, do you keep track of the
original "source code" for the procedure, or do you extract it out of the
database as needed?

Thanks so much for your input -
Lisa