Venkat and Peter,

There are most definitely two manuals.

Oracle Server Reference manual contains info on
init.ora parameters, data dictionary views, wait
events, etc...

http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a76961/toc.htm

Oracle SQL Reference manual contains info on
datatypes, built-in functions, etc...

http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a85397/toc.htm

HTH,

-- Anita

--- "C.S.Venkata Subramanian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Author: A. Bardeen