I tried this but didn't work. Thank you so much.

H.L.

  Jon Walthour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Helen:

Try reducing your SHMMAX kernel parameter to under 4GB and see
if that works.

--

Jon Walthour, OCDBA
Oracle DBA

installed 8.1.5 on same OS without any problem. When I run dbassist
, I got ORA-03113 error message. Actually It happened when you
execute the command:
>startup nomount pfile="/u01/app/oracle/admin/DEV/pfile/initDEV.ora"
>I checked previous messages. Someone suggested to reduce the
size of kernel SHMM (I don't remember). I just follow the recommanded
parameters to modify /etc/system. I have no i! ! dea how large I
should set the sizes of the parameters.
>How can I check the bits of OS or ORACLE like (64 bits or 32
bits). IT IS URGENT. I really appreciate your help. I have to
get it done ASAP. It is 4:45am (US CT). I was almost sleepless.
Thank you so much.

Author: Jon Walthour