Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 05:05:27 -0800

Helen:

Try reducing your SHMMAX kernel parameter to under 4GB and see
if that works.

--

Jon Walthour, OCDBA
Oracle DBA

installed 8.1.5 on same OS without any problem. When I run dbassist
, I got ORA-03113 error message. Actually It happened when you
execute the command:
 >startup nomount pfile="/u01/app/oracle/admin/DEV/pfile/initDEV.ora"
 >I checked previous messages. Someone suggested to reduce the
size of kernel SHMM (I don't remember). I just follow the recommanded
parameters to modify /etc/system. I have no idea how large I
should set the sizes of the parameters.
 >How can I check the bits of OS or ORACLE like (64 bits or 32
bits). IT IS URGENT. I really appreciate your help. I have to
get it done ASAP. It is 4:45am (US CT). I was almost sleepless.
Thank you so much.

Author: Jon Walthour

Author: Mohammad Rafiq