I was always partial to TANSTAAFL ....  There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch ....

It has stuck with me ever since I read it in Ben Bova's book Cities in Flight.  Of course, I have heard it many times since then.

 -----Original Message-----
From: Sara Hoenshell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 9:53 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: completely off-topic question...

I think it means Hope This Helps.

HTH

Sara
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Michael
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 6:36 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: completely off-topic question...

...which means it's probably going to start a great big thread :)

I see a lot of emails with HTH on them, seemingly some sort of way to say "thankyou" or something... as they're always at the end of somebodies message right before they sign off their name..

I have pondered, and pondered as to what HTH could stand for, could somebody be so kind as to fill me in ?

Thanks,
Michael.