If u can persuade them, create better ones. F.e.:

Issue this query to look for better indexes:

select u.name || '.' || ot.name "TABLE",
       oi.name "INDEX",
       ic.pos# "POS",
       c.name "COLUMN",
       h.distcnt "DIST VAL"
from sys.user$ u,
     sys.obj$ ot,
     sys.obj$ oi,
     sys.hist_head$ h,
     sys.col$ c,
     sys.icol$ ic,
     sys.ind$ i
where i.cols > 1
  and i.obj# = ic.obj#
  and i.bo# = ic.bo#
  and i.bo# = c.obj#
  and ic.col# = c.col#
  and i.bo# = h.obj#
  and ic.col# = h.col#
  and ot.obj# = i.bo#
  and oi.obj# = i.obj#
  and u.user# = ot.owner#
  and exists (select null
              from sys.icol$ ic2,
                   sys.hist_head$ h2,
                   sys.icol$ ic3,
                   sys.hist_head$ h3
              where ic2.obj# = ic.obj#
                and ic2.bo# = ic.bo#
                and ic2.bo# = h2.obj#
                and ic3.obj# = ic.obj#
                and ic3.bo# = ic.bo#
                and ic3.bo# = h3.obj#
                and ic2.col# = h2.col#
                and ic3.col# = h3.col#
                and ic2.pos# > ic3.pos#
                and h2.distcnt > h3.distcnt)
order by 1, 2, 3
/

This it will tell you if the index could be better in
another sequence of fields.

Salu2.

=====
Eng. Christian Trassens