Hi Jack,

I am a bit out of my depth here. I configured the listener so that it can
use
the INSO filter by setting the
ENVS=LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/oracle/8.1.7/ctx/lib
in the listener.ora.
We r using Intermedia text on 8.1.7.0 on SunOS.

When I tried to check the listener by executing the command

 SQL> exec ctx_adm.test_extproc; (by logging on as ctxsys user)

I get the following error :

 ERROR at line 1:
ORA-20000: interMedia Text error:
ORA-06520: PL/SQL: Error loading external library
ORA-06522: ld.so.1: extprocPLSExtProc: fatal:
/usr/local/oracle/product/8.1.7xibibctxx8.so: open failed: No such file or
directory
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 126
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.CTX_ADM", line 287
ORA-06512: at line 1

Could u please help me resolve this ?? Do I have to put in the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH explicitly
too and export it ??

Also, ctxhx is the user filter executable for the INSO filter. I killed that
process
since it was using up almost 95% of my CPU time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Samir Sarkar
Oracle DBA - Lennon Team