-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 1:17 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

"use the girth" -- I'd love to pretend that I knew what this means but
someone might call me on it.  What does it mean?  Each drive is 36G.

                    Christopher

                    Spence               To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L
                    <cspence             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    @FuelSpot.com        cc:

                    >                    Subject:     RE: RAID for a
development box
                    Sent by: root

                    10/24/2001

                    12:25 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

On my NT Quad Development box I have 9x2 Raid 1 for OS/Oracle Files.

Then Raid 0+1 for the 6 drives for data.  It isn't perfect, but works good.
If you do raid 0 with 6 drives, make sure you look into a good stripe size
so you actually use the girth.  Otherwise 0+1,1+0 may be a better option.

"Do not criticize someone until you walked a mile in their shoes, that way
when you criticize them, you are a mile a way and have their shoes."

Christopher R. Spence
Oracle DBA
Phone: (978) 322-5744
Fax:    (707) 885-2275