Dick Goulet

Author: Rachel Carmichael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:       11/1/2001 7:51 AM

Dick,

thank you -- how come I don't get invited to speak at NOUG anymore? :(

Actually, I've decided that there should be a corollary to my Rule 0 --
while that backup is being made, go and have a cup of coffee and take a
pad and paper with you and start to plan what to do.

This presumes that you haven't already sat down and at least thought
out what would happen in any given circumstance and planned for it :)

I've found that whenever I just "rush in where angels fear to tread" I
screw it up. Because I realize (as Barb did) that I should have done
(or should not have done) something one second AFTER I hit the enter
key.

I like checklists. Hell, I LOVE checklists.

I've submitted a presentation to IOUG - I hope they take it, as it may
well be the last time I present, I'm thinking of hanging up my
presenting shoes :)

Rachel

http://personals.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael