Answering your first message about the shrink of free
space in shared pool. Check the parsing ratio:

The hard parse with something like this

SELECT substr(sql_text,1,40) "SQL",
                 count(*) ,
                 sum(executions) "TotExecs"
            FROM v$sqlarea
           WHERE executions < 5
           GROUP BY substr(sql_text,1,40)
          HAVING count(*) > 30
           ORDER BY 2
          ;

The soft parsing something like this:

select count(*) from v$sqlarea
where version_count>5;

And about parsing look for a note in metalink about
parameter _sqlexec_progression_cost.

Try with cursor_sharing. Also refer to possibles bugs
related in metalink.

And about parsing you can also look in the v$sysstat
for statistics related.

Check the shared pool latch rate too.

Regards.

=====