Dear Andrey and other Fellow DBA's,
For quite some time I have been wondering about the same fact that Andrey has thought.
I started my career Oracle 7 DBA and moved on. When 8 was released, we quickly did not
upgrade the db. Now when 9i is released, with so many things in it, I asked myself
what will happen to the future of DBA's who are associated with Oracle as DBA's. May
now it is the time that we have to shift our gears and think of something innovative
and do things which are beneficial to our children.

If I'm wrong in any ways, then please excuse me.

Regards
Venkat
--

On Wed, 02 Jan 2002 07:15:23
 Andrey Bronfin wrote:
>Dear list !
>Having been an Oracle DBA on UNIX & win platforms for past several years, i
>feel like i'd like to change something.
>Don't get me wrong , i like what i'm doing , but i think it's time to expand
>my horizons.
>I wouldn't like to completely quit the filed of Oracle/DBAing , but i'd like
>to add something to it.
>I also know some system UNIX (mainly Solaris) and some development (java ,
>perl , pl/sql etc.)
>Where would i go next ?
>I'm thinking of several possible paths :
> Oracle DBA + UNIX sysadmin ;
> Ora DBA + developer ;
> DBA of Oracle + some other DB , that i'll need to learn
>Or may be it's time to move to some sort of system analysis ,
>datawarehousing ,ERP or ... ???
>I'm thinking about the future of the market , demand for employees in
>various fields , salaries etc..
>
>What would U , dear gurus , say ? What do U think about your careers /
>future ?
>
>--
>--
>Author: Andrey Bronfin
>  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051

Click here for your very own create-a-date adventure from MatchMaker
Go to http://ecard.matchmaker.com/dating.html
Author: C.S.Venkata Subramanian