Jared:
The table was analyzed (via estimate) Wednesday night.
I don't know if it was before or after Wednesday
night's attempt at the extract but if the blocks are
getting cleaned out via the 'analyze..estimate' then
delayed block cleanout should definitely not have been
an issue for Thursday night's attempt.

Barb:
I understand what Mladen is saying but it shouldn't be
an issue because the table has been locked in
exclusive mode prior to the running of the query and
the lock took. So, even if some rogue process out
there was attempting to change data in the table after
the query started, it shouldn't matter because the
rogue process(es) would get stuck waiting on the table
lock.

I was lucky that the query is being re-run today while
I am still at the office so I looked at the DB
activity and nothing is happening in the rollbacks, as
I expected to see. Discrete transactions aren't an
issue as the warehouse developers don't know about
them. I also recreated all of the rollback segments
for grins.

We'll see what happens tonight. Unfortunately, if it
works tonight I still won't really know why. :(

-w

--- "Baker, Barbara"

=== message truncated ===

http://auctions.yahoo.com