-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, 22 February 2002 7:59
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Fellow dba's,

We have come across a weird problem with a standby database. Every time we
issue "alter database mount standby database" on the standby database, the
primary database fails to connect through listener. It becomes OK after
primary database is shutdown and restarted — of course this can is not an
acceptable solution since the standby will be opened every week for
reporting.

Anyone experience this before?  Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen Andert
Scottsdale, Arizona

Author: Ross Collado