I heard of it some place. that is try to have three different
tablespaces. One for large table, one for medium size table and third
for small tables. Each of these tablespaces can have their own extent
sizes. Large having large extent size. Medium can have medium size
extents and same for small tablespace. Each tablespace can still have
uniform extent size. So depending on the table size you can choose
which tablespace they will go in and thus save yourself from over
allocating the space.

=====
Mohammed Shakir
CompuSoft, Inc.