Next time do sqlplus "/ as sysdba", then "oradebug setmypid", then
"oradebug dump systemstate 10" and then "oradebug tracefile_name" to find
out the name of the generated trace file. That is good enough for oracle.
If your platform is 64 bit HP-UX 11.0, then you need an OS patch. Included
is the  note about it from the mighty and all-knowing oracle:
Article-ID:         <Note:73835.1>
Circulation:        PUBLISHED (EXTERNAL)
Folder:             server.DBA.Admin
Topic:              Alerts
Title:              ALERT:HP-UX: ORA-7445 and Core Dump Generating Oracle
Stack
                    Trace
Document-Type:      ALERT
Impact:             MEDIUM
Skill-Level:        NOVICE
Updated-Date:       03-MAY-2001 06:19:51

ORA-7445 and Core Dump Generating Oracle Stack Trace

Versions Affected
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Oracle 8.X (64 bit only)

Platforms Affected
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  HP-UX 11.00 (64 bit only)

Description
~~~~~~~~~~~
  Whenever an Oracle stack trace is required, the shadow process will core
dump.
  The stack trace in the corresponding trace file will be incomplete.

Likelihood of Occurrence
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Every time an Oracle stack trace is required. Some examples are:
   1. an event has been set, and a stack trace is required in the trace file

   2. some Oracle error requires a stack trace to be generated

Possible Symptoms
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   The alert.log will show something like:
   ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [11] [4286564440] [240] [0]
[] []

   The corresponding trace file will include the following in the stack:
   _doprnt
   _fprintf
   U_get_previous_frame
   skdstgframe

   Error from U_get_previous_frame_x is 1
   Stack is not Windable
   Stack has no Unwind_descriptor

Workaround
~~~~~~~~~~
  No workarounds available.

Patches
~~~~~~~
  This problem is fixed by a HP patch. The first patch to include the
  fix is:
  PHSS_16849: s700_800 11.0 LIBCL patch

  This patch will be superceeded; please contact HP Support for detailed
patch
  information.

  Oracle must be relinked after applying this patch, as follows:
    %cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
    %make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle
  The instance needs to be shutdown when relinking.