-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 1:41 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Curious, that note suggests Advanced Replication as a failover
methodology.

Seems that a standby database would be _much_ simpler.

Any thoughts ( from anyone ) on why one would use AR for failover, rather
than using a standby database?

Jared

John Weatherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]