All backupers

If doing a "off-line backup" some call it a "cold backup" you should
backup All datafiles, All control files, All Redolog files and All
Parameter files
this vil produce a self-contained package that will be able ti start
assuming no media recovery is needed.
I know that Rman vill not backup redolog file the reason for rman not
doing this is that Rman knows if it is safe
to omit the redolog files (The database has to bee in mount mode for
Rman to backup's )

--

/regards

Peter Gram

Mobil : +45 2527 7107
Fax   : +45 4466 8856

Miracle A/S
Kratvej 2
2760 Ma*l?v
http://miracleas.dk

/*
The process of preparing programs for a digital computer is especially
attractive, not only because it can be economically and scientifically
rewarding, but also because it can be an aesthetic experience much like
composing poetry or music

Donald Knuth
*/