Farnsworth, Dave
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 7:13 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I have Oracle 8.1.7 running on NT.  I do cold backups nightly and have a
batch file that is called by the NT 'AT' scheduler.  I recently changed
some lines of commands in the batch file and since then when the batch
file is executed by 'AT' only the lines that I did not edit are
executed.
If I execute the batch file from the command prompt it works fine.  I
deleted the job from 'AT' and then entered it back in but still getting
this odd behavior of only executing the commands that I did not edit.
Our SA's know nothing about 'AT' so they are of no help.
Has anyone else seen this odd behavior in the 'AT' function in Windoze?
I know you find it hard to believe that something can be weird in
Windoze.  ;o)
And yes, I am soon planning on learning RMAN and do hot backups.  I have
the 8i Backup and Recovery Handbook for my reading pleasure.  I see the
app that is being used going to a 24X7 schedule.  Now it is only used
during the day.

Thanks,

Dave
Author: Farnsworth, Dave