Lifetouch, Inc.

Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 5:49 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Dennis,

This is a auite of products.  The prime offender is
WebSphere, an IBM product.  The IBM consultants have
been particularly difficult to deal with.  According
to them, nothing Oracle ever produced works.

The project specifications call for transparent fail
over which is possible using Oracle's thick client.
Unfortunately, WebSphere does not seem to be able to
use anything but jdbc thin client.

If we can't get this to work, we will likely go to
something like Veritas Cluster Server.  Replication
provided a solution that had already paid for.

=====

Author: Peter Barnett

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS