Hmm...feels like I missed something here.  Joe, in response to your
original question, try:
select <what you need> from v$session where audsid=userenv('sessionid');

That ought to return data for only your current session.

-Mark
On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 09:13, Yechiel Adar wrote:
> Hello Joe
>
> I implemented today Tom's trigger in one of our test databases and it works fine.
> I am using it to track which users / applications are connecting so we can notify
>them
> in case of scheduled down time or problems.
>
> You need to run dbmsrand.sql to add dbms_random package to the database.
>
> Yechiel Adar
> Mehish

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it
well."
                                                -- Rene Descartes
Author: Mark J. Bobak