Replication implementation for a newbie.... in 10 days?
Having worked on replication for two and half hears,
I would say it should not be done.

Replication is way too complex. Read the Anita Badreen's white
paper and it would emphasize the importance of understanding
and planning repliction.

There are several good white papers / notes on replication too
on metalink.

>From my expereience, I would say, read Oracle Manual for Replication
2-3 times atleast. If you want to be good at it, come to
the stage where you can do it without GUI (so that you know
it pretty well.) They say that Replication Manager GUI is very
good. But I have never felt need to use it, except, some basic
monitoring...

Practice, practice, practice....

Understand exactly needs of application very well and then decide
what kind of replication to use....

HTH,

-Rachna